This is the most wonderful time of the year, they said! However, it can also be a struggle time for some of us, for different reasons. So, today I want to encourage you to continue to use or develop this skill to keep your peace and joy. You are loved and I desire nothing more but for you to enjoy this season.
Emotional RESILIENCE is the ability to adapt and bounce back from highly stressful situations and difficult times. The good news is that resilience is a skill that can be learned through strengthening these five foundations:
- Self-awareness – examination, reflection
- Mindfulness -observation, consideration
- Self-care – serve yourself
- Positive relationships – spend time with optimistic people
- Purpose – direction, reason for our existence
Resilient people look at the problem and consider:
- Why am I stressed?
- How can I cope?
- What happened in the end?
- How can I avoid this stress in the future?
- Who can I talk to?
“When troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing” James 1:2-4